Family Friendly Vaccination Sessions
Health Chiefs in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes (BLMK) are working hard to make it as easy as possible to get your vaccination, whether it is your first, second or booster.
With this in mind, when you book or walk-in with your 12- 15 year old into one of the large vaccination centres to have their jab, accompanying family members can have whichever vaccination they are eligible for, without having to book in advance.
From next Monday, 13 December, book your child into any one of the five centres below after 4.00pm and they look forward to seeing the whole family. Alternatively take advantage of the walk-in sessions: www.blmkccg.nhs.uk/drop-in.
To book the appointment go to the National Booking System or call 119.
Remember, you only need to book one appointment for your 12 – 15 year old.
As well as the young person attending the appointment, other members of the family need to be eligible –
- first vaccinations, people must be aged over 16
- second vaccination, 12 weeks if person is under 18, 8 weeks if 18 and over
- booster – people must be aged over 40 and it must be at least 3 months since their second dose
The centres that are running the family sessions are:
- Bedford Heights, Manton Lane, Bedford MK41 7BJ
- Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands, SG17 5TQ
- Redgrave Centre, 27 Redgrave Gardens, Luton LU3 3QN
- Saxon Court, 502 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 3HS
- Watling House, High St North, Dunstable LU6 1LF
Geraint Davies, Senior Responsible Officer for NHS Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioning Group said “The vaccination teams are making it as easy as possible for whole families to come along and take advantage of this opportunity. One appointment and brothers, sisters, mums and dads (and grandmas and grandpas) can come with them and use the visit to get their vaccination done. Let’s make this a Christmas to remember, we can give ourselves the best present by ensuring we are protecting ourselves, our families and our communities.”
Full details on the vaccination programme in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes can be found at www.blmkccg.nhs.uk/covid-19.