Gill and Sheila’s Story
We are Gill and Sheila Quality Improvement Nurses (Care Homes). Currently working across BLMK.
We work alongside colleagues in the CCG, The Local Authority, Provider Services, Community Nursing and when required provide information to external agencies including CQC.
During the Covid Pandemic we have been required to step outside of our role and take on additional duties to support the wider system this has included:-
- Working and supporting the acute and community sector.
- Being part of the swab squad.
- Being part of the vaccination programme in care homes and the housebound resident.
- Supported the IPC Team in delivering a standardised face to face training package to care homes and domiciliary care.
- Holding regular remote support forums for care home managers.
- We have been the eyes and ears when other professionals have been unable to gain access to the care homes. Supporting organisations with information, signposting to services and training.
During this past 14 months we have been privileged to support people on the front line. We have enjoyed working with colleagues who previously we had limited involvement with from the CCG and other agencies including St John’s, GP’s and Practice Nurses.
At the fore of each working day is supporting the care homes to be the very best they can be to ensure the quality of life and the holistic approach for the person who lives in a care home is to a high standard.