Half Term dates for COVID-19 vaccinations
Health chiefs in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes are encouraging parents and guardians to bring their 12 – 15 year olds to get their vaccination during half term. People will not need to book as the large vaccination centres in the area, and some pharmacies, are offering walk-ins outside school hours for next week 14 – 18 February in Luton, Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire, and the following week 21 – 25 February in Milton Keynes.
Essentially, vaccines provide protection to children and they also help to reduce transmission of COVID-19 in the wider population. As part of travel restrictions in a number of countries, young people will also need to show proof of vaccinations before they can go abroad. Local health bosses have stressed the importance of getting the 1st and 2nd COVID-19 jabs as soon as possible.
A young person has to wait 91 days after their 1st vaccination, so please don’t delay and get their vaccination journey underway.
Dr Sarah Whiteman, GP and Chair of NHS Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioning Group said “I would encourage everyone to take advantage of these extended opening hours for 12 – 15 year olds. Especially as you don’t have to book if you don’t want to. It is so important that as many people as possible, including our young people, are vaccinated against COVID-19. We know that it can be difficult to fit this into busy lives, but now you can go to 11 different venues at times to suit you, so please don’t delay”.
Next week walk-ins can be found at:
- Bedford Heights, Manton Lane, Bedford
- Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands
- Watling House, High St North, Dunstable
- Acorn Pharmacy, Dallow Road, Luton
- Boots the Chemist, The Mall, Luton
- Calverton Pharmacy, Calverton Road, Luton
- Denbigh Pharmacy, Denbigh Road, Luton
- Redgrave Centre, Redgrave Gardens, Luton,
- The Old Post Office, the Mall, Luton
The following week, to correspond with Milton Keynes Schools’ half term dates people can go to
- Rainbow Pharmacy at the Open University, Milton Keynes
- Saxon Court, Milton Keynes