Macmillan Luton Cancer Community Connector x3
About the job
Salary: £26,975 – £30,095 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 18.50
Contract type: Fixed Term 3 years
Closing date: 21/06/2022
Career Level: Entry Level
Job Type: Contract
We have three important posts where you’ll be supporting the Macmillan Luton Cancer Engagement & Co-production Project Manager to deliver a three year fixed contract utilising language and/or cultural knowledge, engaging people affected by and living with cancer particularly engaging with seldom heard populations.
You’ll be supporting the Luton Cancer Outcomes Project by delving deep into communities, building trust, long-term engagement and connections. The post holder will contribute towards the programme which aims to:
– better understand barriers and challenges;
– deliver insights to support behaviour change;
– improve provision of the right cancer services;
– tackle health inequalities;
– co-develop services that support better cancer experiences
This is a rewarding role where you’ll effectively communicate insights clearly demonstrating and expressing community experiences with the project manager and support work with partners to co-produce, improve and redesign cancer services.
We encourage applications from ethnic minorities, who are currently under-represented in this area.
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience of successfully planning, facilitating and delivering public/patient involvement events.
You’ll have the ability to use your own initiative to think and act operationally to evolve programmes.
We are looking for someone with outstanding people and effective interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
This is a rewarding role where you’ll be communicating with individuals from a variety of backgrounds in different settings and circumstances, maintaining effective and appropriate relationships.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop your existing knowledge of delivering community project events improving health outcomes and understanding of key public/patient engagement principles.
We do ask that you have Level 3 (A Levels) or 4 (BTEC foundation), or equivalent professional experience in Business Administration or relevant qualification e.g. project management, marketing, public involvement, public health.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
– generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
– flexible working arrangements – we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
– 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
– local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
– excellent support and development
– relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
– discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars