BLMK Children and Young People Pathways
Across Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes (BLMK) we endeavour to look after you during your pregnancy and when your child is growing up.
We hope this page will help you with information to look after yourself and find the right support when you need it.
Pregnancy is a significant milestone in our lives. It is important you get the right support during pregnancy. There are many things that you can do yourself including getting advice from our health professionals when you are worried about something in your pregnancy.
We know our children and babies are precious to us. On this website you will find lots of helpful information to guide you during your pregnancy.
If you have any queries regarding your pregnancy, please always contact your midwife. You can contact our midwifery teams in our hospitals by phone and by email.
The contact details are here:
Bedford Maternity Unit – 01234 795981 / 01234 795805
Luton Maternity Unit – 01582 502285
Milton Keynes Maternity Unit – 01908 996484
If you have a new baby, our health visiting team can support you.
Parents and Carers in Milton Keynes – Central and North West London: 01908 725100
Parents and Carers in Bedfordshire, Bedford Borough, Central Beds, Luton – Single Point of Contact: 0300 555 0606
For information about COVID-19 vaccines and fertility, pregnancy and breastfeeding, visit our Pregnancy and Vaccinations web page.
For your young children we have the following helpful information to help you look after them if they present with bronchiolitis, constipation, diarrhoea and vomiting, or fever conditions (see document downloads below).
There is also some useful information on our Self-Care page.
For further advice for parents, young people and people who are pregnant, visit the Healthier Together website.
For information about COVID-19 vaccines and children aged 12-15 years, visit our COVID-19 FAQs web page.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust’s Milton Keynes CAMHS provides support to children and young people up to the age of 18, their parents/carers and their families who:
- are a resident of Milton Keynes or are registered with a Milton Keynes GP
- are causing a high level of concern to adults around them due to significant change in the child’s/young person’s mood or behaviour.
Some of the difficulties the team can help with include:
- Significant behaviour problems
- Anxiety disorders (including phobias)
- Tic disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Eating disorders
- Family relationship problems
- Trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
For more details please visit the CNWL CAMHS website.
Parent Information Videos
Parent Information Sheets
- Abdominal Pain
- Advice for parents of babies under 3 months
- Advice for parents/carers during coronavirus
- Advice for your people during coronavirus
- Asthma - Acute exacerbation
- Asthma Action Plan
- Bronchiolitis Advice Sheet
- Constipation Advice
- Cough/cold (over 1's)
- Cough/cold (under 1's)
- Crying baby under 3 months
- Diarrhoea and/or Vomiting
- Febrile Convulsion
- Fever Advice Sheet
- Fever in children over 5 years
- Fever in children under 5 years
- Fits, faints and funny turns
- Head injury
- Jaundice in babies
- Otitis externa (swimming ear)
- Otitis media (earache)
- Tonsillitis/sore throat
- Viral induced wheeze